Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
Form of study: Full-time, part-time, external
Qualifying levels: Bachelor, Specialist, Master
21 school of sciences, postgraduate study and doctoral studies.
The university was founded on March 4, 1966 on the basis of the Kiev branch of Donetsk Institute of the Soviet trade. In April, 1994 the Institute received the highest IV level of accreditation. In August, 1994 on the basis of the Kiev Trade and Economic Institute was created the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics. By the decree of the President of Ukraine of September 11, 2000 the University was given the status of the national.
The structure of KNTEU includes Vinnytsia trade and economic institute, Chernovitsky trade and economic institute, the Kharkov trade and economic institute, Kolomyysky economical and legal college, Trade and economic college (Kyiv), Khmelnytsky trade and economic college, the Vinnytsia trade and economic college, the Highest commercial school (Kyiv), the Kharkov trade and economic college, Chernovitsky highest commercial school, Uzhgorod training center, Kolomyysky educational-consulting center, the French-Ukrainian institute of management, the Center of a business foreign language, the Center of pre-university preparation, department of pre-university training of foreign citizens.
Also the university has Industrial practice association, the Center of educational and training firms, the Center for certification of production of services and the quality systems, the Higher pedagogical school.
The University structure, except basic establishment where 5 faculties are functioning, includes 4 educational institutes, 12 colleges and the highest commercial schools located in Kiev, Kharkov, Vinnytsia, Zhitomir, Burshtyne, Chernovtsy, Khmelnytsky, Uzhgorod, Kolomye, Yalta.
Having a big scientific, methodical, and practical experience in introduction of modern forms and methods of the organization of educational process, the University carries out functions of the scientific and methodical center for higher educational institutions of Ukraine on training specialists in the fields of knowledge “Management and administration”, “Services industry” of the direction of preparation on merchandizing and trade business, and also for system of the State treasury of Ukraine. It is also the developer of state standards in these directions.
The University positions at the international level constantly increase. The University has creative long-term communications with 70 higher educational institutions, the international centers and establishments from 25 countries of the world. Here is carrying out the exchange of teachers, students, the international projects concerning integration of the higher education, retraining and professional development of experts.
The University is the member of the prestigious international organizations such, as the International association of universities, the European association of the international education, the International union of merchandizing and technologies, the Russian association of a business education, Association of the advanced university highest schools of business, the International association of the highest and secondary educational institutions of trade and consumer cooperation, the World association of a recreation and rest.
The university publishes the scientific magazine “KNTEU Bulletin”, the international scientific and practical magazine.
The KNTEU scientific library is founded in 1948 as library of branch of Donetsk institute of the Soviet trade (book funds – 20 thousand copies).
Since 1966 it became a library of the Kyiv Trade and Economic Institute. There are 9 departments, 7 reading rooms, subscriptions, MBA, special sectors: multimedia library, hall of foreign literature, halls of catalogs and electronic information in the structure of the library. The library fund has more than 1,200,000 units.
Economy, management and law
Finance and banking
Accounting, auditing and economic Cybernetics
Restaurant and hotel and tourism business
Commodity research and commercial activities
Department of pre- University training was established in 2001 to development of educational, scientific, methodological activity, rendering of information, consulting to foreigners.
Department of pre- University training of foreign citizens prepares foreigners for further study in the University.
In the period of study foreigners living in modern equipped dormitories located near the campuses. Rooms are designed for two or three people.
The main task of preparatory department is to capture foreign nationalsUkrainian or Russian language and the basic sciences to the extent that is necessary to continue the study of economic, psychological and humanities in KNTEU or engineering and medical professions in other universities in Ukraine.
The University as a basic educational institution in Kiev has 6 educational and laboratory cases.
1. The educational and administrative case. There are educational audiences and laboratories of faculty of economics, management and the law, faculty of restaurant, hotel and travel business, faculty of merchandizing and trade business, faculty of finance and banking, and also dean’s offices and institution administration.
2. The educational and library case. Here are lecture audiences and the largest library in Ukraine.
3. The cultural and art case which have the big assembly hall on 800 places and the secretariat of a selection committee, and university archive.
4. The educational and training case. In the case place the Institute of the top skills, the French-Ukrainian institute of management, the Center of educational and training firms, the Center of pre-university training of foreign citizens, the Center of foreign business language, etc.
5. Educational and administrative case. Here are dean’s office and initial audiences of faculty of the account, audit and economic cybernetics, the center of pre-university preparation, a gym, the assembly hall on 400 places, a dining room.
6. Industrial and practice case. Here are located the industrial practice association, laboratories of technology and the organization of restaurant economy, a canteen of university.
7. Sports complex with a field athletics arena, a tennis court, stadium with an artificial lawn and a student’s city for more than 2500 places.
Submit your review