In the public rankings of higher education institutions of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Kharkiv National Medical University is among the top five institutions.
Accreditation level: 4
The Degree of the KNMU(MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS, MS, NURSING) is recognized in many countries of the world.
• 7,000 Students, interns, masters, medical residents, graduate students doctoral students, including more than 2,000 students from 72 countries.
• 236 associate professors
• 445 candidates
Skill levels: junior specialist, bachelor, specialist, master.
• 1st and 2nd Faculty of Medicine – General Medicine
• 3rd Faculty of Medicine – Pediatrics ;
• preventive medicine ;
• Laboratory Diagnostics ;
• Nursing .
• 4th Medical School
• Faculty of Dentistry
• Faculty on training foreign students
• Faculty of Postgraduate Studies, which graduated doctors for the educational level of “specialist” with specialties “Medicine”, “Pediatrics”, “medical prophylaxis”, “Dental”, Department of Advanced Studies, which provides continuous skill development for all medical profession.
In Kharkiv National Medical University operate 65 departments whose composition includes 803 scientific and pedagogical workers, among them medical doctors, professors – 130, MD, PhD, associate professors – 446.
Human resources of Kharkiv National Medical University:
• 5 corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine ,
• 17 Honored Scientists of Ukraine ,
• 2 Honored Workers of Higher School of Ukraine,
• 13 distinguished doctors of Ukraine,
• 8 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology
• 28 academicians of public academies of Ukraine
• 28 employees – members of the International Medical Association .
In Kharkiv National Medical University established and successfully running 6 training of scientific and industrial organizations :
• ” Obstetrics and Gynecology “
• ” Medical Genetics “
• ” Medical Radiology “
• ” Therapy “
• ” Urology “
• ” Surgery “
There are the following specialties for foreign students:
• General Medicine ( the period of study is 6 years).
• Stomatology, ( the period of study is 5 years).
Languages of instruction: Russian, Ukrainian, English. There are 8-10 persons in each academic group.
The graduates are awarded a Diploma of Specialist and qualified as Physicians with the title of “Doctor of Medicine” in General Medicine or Stomatologists with the title of “Doctor of Medicine” in Stomatology.
KNMU has a hostel system with fully furnished rooms and surrounded with recreation center.
The International Office provides a guarantee of accommodation placement services to all international students who receive an academic offer.
All rooms in hostels have the internet.
Each room can accommodate 2 or 3 students.
All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, chairs, heating, pillow, blanket, desk, water system and lighting.
We welcome you to study in Kharkiv National Medical University.
Submit your review
Today i have got visit visa of Ukraine to visit my son who is studying medical course in Kharkov.
I am thankful for you help.
i have received my admission package today with study invitation letter. Soon i will apply my study visa and will inform you after getting my visa.
Sir, i have sent you scan copy of my student visa and air ticket. So please receive me on the airport
i am studying in medical course in 4th year and one of your student.
Sir one of my friend wants to transfer to 4th year medical course from China. He already applied and sent you documents so please make arrangements for transfer, as i know you have done this for many transfer students.